The club runs a comprehensive programme of coaching classes for both juniors and adults, run by our Head Coach, Russell Macdonald. These classes cater for tots, pre school, primary and secondary school age groups and beginner adults to senior team players. Russell has been coaching at Troon LTC since 2003 and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the club.
His coaching qualifications are as follows:
- PTR TTE Pro Grade Coach
- LTA Development Coach
- LTA Club Coach – Performance Strand
His many other on and off court roles in tennis have included the following:
- Past president of Tennis Ayrshire
- Tennis Ayrshire District Coach
- Tennis Ayrshire U13 & U17 District Captain
- South of Scotland U14 & U18 County Captain
- Ayrshire Junior Confined Tournament Referee
- Prestwick Senior & Junior Tournament Referee
- South of Scotland Over 35 & 45 Player
In addition to his group classes run, Russell is available for individual and small group coaching at these very reasonable rates.
- 1hour – £20.00
- 45 mins – £15.00
- 30 mins – £10.00 (ideal for juniors)
Racket restrings are available from £17.00 to £25.00 and regrips at £5.00.