Tennis Coaching Opportunity
Tennis Coach (Level 3 or above Coach) Part Time
We are looking for highly qualified coach to join Troon Lawn Tennis Club, Ayrshire in South West Scotland at an exciting period in the club’s 123 year history to drive forward member engagement across different age groups.The successful candidate will manage the club’s senior and junior coaching programmes.
You will be personable and work with all ages and abilities.
You will be taking on between 2-4 existing group coaching sessions both in the evening and the weekend. The sessions cover an existing adult intermediate group.
There is also the opportunity to take on private lesson work which requires the right candidate to be available at the club prior to the Tuesday club tennis night and also on Saturday afternoons.
Oversee junior development sessions alongside experienced level 2 coach looking to upgrade to level 3.
Assist with younger volunteer coach to mentor and oversee continuous professional development hours for completion of level 2 qualification.
There are both Easter and summer schools for the children. People do pay for this service but the club assists with the financing of junior coaching.
Although a part of the team, you will be expected to be able to take responsibility of setting up the courts/equipment and maintaining high standards on and off the court especially when dealing with players, parents and club members.
Troon Lawn Tennis Club is set in a beautiful seaside location and is home to 3 flood lit artificial grass courts and 3 un-lit artificial grass courts. Our back courts are scheduled for maintenance and resurfacing in the season 2018/19.
The clubhouse was refurbished in early 2000s and boasts a range of modern facilities, including changing rooms with showers and contains all essential coaching equipment to assist with coaching activity.
We are a social club off the courts and play host to a number of social and competitive fixtures throughout the season and participate in Ayrshire gents and ladies leagues.
The senior and junior coaching programmes are run as follows:
- Senior coaching – weekly club night including drills and games and Saturday afternoon group coaching. These are two hour sessions giving players the chance to develop their skills and enjoy the camaraderie of social club tennis.
- We are committed to offering members all year round coaching, delivered with passion and integrity to help players become the best they can be, regardless of abilities and promote the values of tennis as a lifelong sport.
The successful coach will possess the following attributes:
- Be skilled in delivering engaging and instructional group sessions for adults weekly (with the opportunity to work with older juniors from 12-18 years old).
- Be able to lead any tennis assistants that may be helping you on court.
- Have the ability to demonstrate sound technical skills, as well as instruct verbally.
- Committed to your own continuous personal and professional development.
- Person qualities will include:
- Punctuality – arrive before a session in order to prepare the court for play on time.
- Be able to interact with parents and members of the club in general in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Be reliable.
- Be able to communicate well, verbally, through text, phone and email.
- Be passionate, committed and enthusiastic about tennis as a lifelong activity.
- Be a positive person that others want to be around.
Applications in writing, please send your cv and a one page cover letter to David Christian – firstname.lastname@example.org – start date would ideally 12th November 2018, but negotiable. Please email or call 07801 930100 for further information/informal chat.