Tennis Coaching Opportunity
Tennis Coach (Level 3 or above Coach) Part Time
Troon Lawn Tennis Club are looking for recently qualified coach to join the club at an exciting period in the club’s 124 year history to drive forward member engagement across different age groups.
The club is set in a beautiful seaside location and is home to 3 flood lit artificial grass courts and 3 un-lit artificial grass courts. Our back courts are scheduled for maintenance and resurfacing next season.
The clubhouse was refurbished in 2000s and boasts a range of modern facilities, including changing rooms with showers and contains all essential coaching equipment to assist with coaching activity.
We are a social club off the courts and play host to a number of social and competitive fixtures throughout the season and participate in Ayrshire gents and ladies leagues.
The successful candidate will manage the club’s senior and junior coaching programmes.
- You will be personable and work with all ages and abilities.
- You will be taking on two adult group coaching sessions both in the evening and the weekend. The sessions cover an adult intermediate group.
- You will be taking on junior coaching sessions both in the week and at the weekend. The sessions cover a tots, minis and juniors.
- Oversee junior development sessions alongside experienced level 2 coach looking to upgrade to level 3.
- You will strengthen ties with schools in partnership with the Active Schools co-ordinator to inspire the next generation to pick up a tennis racket.
There are both Easter and summer programmes required for the children. People do pay for this service but the club assists with the financing of junior coaching.
Although a part of the team, you will be expected to be able to take responsibility of setting up the courts/equipment and maintaining high standards on and off the court especially when dealing with players, parents and club members.
The senior and junior coaching programme run as follows:
- Junior coaching – weekly sessions including drills and games and Saturday morning group coaching. These are short sessions giving youngsters the chance to develop their skills and enjoy the camaraderie of social club tennis.
- Senior coaching – a weekly club night including drills and games and Saturday group coaching. These are two hour sessions giving players the chance to develop their skills and enjoy the camaraderie of social club tennis.
We are committed to offering members all year round coaching, delivered with passion and integrity to help players become the best they can be, regardless of abilities and promote the values of tennis as a lifelong sport.
The successful coach will possess the following attributes:
- Be skilled in delivering engaging and instructional group sessions for juniors weekly and adults.
- Be able to lead any tennis assistants that may be helping you on court.
- Committed to your own continuous personal and professional development
Person qualities will include:
- Punctuality – arrive before a session in order to prepare the court for play on time.
- Be able to interact with parents and members of the club in general in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Be able to communicate well, verbally, through text, phone and email.
- Be passionate, committed and enthusiastic about tennis as a lifelong activity.
- Applicants will be expected to commit to working on weekends when required
Applications in writing, please send your cv and a one page cover letter to David Christian – email@example.com- start date would ideally be 6th April 2019, but negotiable. Please email or call 07801 930100 for further information/informal chat.